Visit Mee on my Website!

Visit Mee on my Website!
Visit www.dsmeebee.com

Monday, June 25, 2012

Non Traditional Non Floral Boutonniere Tutorial



Non Traditional Non Floral Boutonniere Tutorial

Since my bouquet and my bridesmaid’s bouquets are non traditional and non floral there was no way the guys would be wearing flowers. From the very beginning of my wedding planning I proclaimed I would not have any flowers! Don’t get me wrong I love fresh flowers but I always get so sad at the end of a wedding and all the flowers either get dumped or you have to beg people to take them home. Since 90% of my wedding is out of state or country there is no way they are taking a floral arraignment home! I messed around with different styles and materials for my non floral bouquets and boutonnieres and this is what I came up with!




Things you will need:
  •      Ostrich Feathers
  •     White Thin Malleable Floral Wire
  •      Buttons
  •      Hot Glue
  •      Pin with a pearl head
  •      Ribbon



Step 1:

Get your buttons and lay them out. Take your thin malleable floral wire and leave a “steam”. Thread the wire through your buttons and thread the wire back down toward the steam and start wrapping the wire tightly around the steam. Use your pliers to make sure the buttons are firmly in place and the wire is firmly wrapped. Make 4-5 button flowers for each boutonniere.



Step 2:

Get your ostrich feathers and cut them down to size.  Place your button flowers on top of your feather and position the steams and glue them down with your hot glue gun. Wrap your ribbon around the base covering the glue and wrap it up the steam with the ribbon and glue it to the back of the boutonniere. 



Step 3:

With a pearl head pin push the pin through the ribbon and the boutonniere can be pinned to any suite jacket or tux.   

It is an easy as that! Thanks for reading and following!! 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Where did you get the supplies to do this?! I've been looking online but I'm wondering where you got your stuff. Super cute! -Julie K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Julie,

    This is where I got the supplies for these boutonnieres:

    eBay - buttons & feathers
    Walmart - floral wire (I found white was hard to find but you could also try AC Moore.)
    AC Moore - ribbon
    Local Fabric Store - pearl head pins

    Thanks for your questions and thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete